CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

New Chapter, New Blog

I keep waiting for the day that life is going to be easy. That day never comes. I have to remind myself that my trials make me stronger and cultivate me into a better person, but I still hope that I can escape certain ones. The one I face today is by far the greatest trial yet. I have made many poor decisions, and my life has become rather difficult as a result of my choices. So the lesson I draw from recent experiences is to always be prepared, and more importantly never sacrifice your relationship with the Lord. It is so easy to make excuses to not pray or read your scriptures, and I am the queen of that. I procrastinate with the best of intentions. Then the challenges come, and lo and behold I am caught wide eyed and unprepared.
I plead with all you married couples especially. Do not take for granted the importance of doing these simple things. If you have been married in the temple, make sure you go frequently. Don't let two years go by without ever re-entering that sacred place with the person you hold most dear. These seem like such small tasks, but in reality it will save you when the going gets tough. You will be prepared when challenges come, unlike myself.
I know this isn't the end. I am here with parents that love and support me no matter how I may fail. They believe in me and encourage me, and for that I am truly blessed. So as I reluctantly close a chapter in my life, I am optimistic (cautiously) about a brighter future and have taken some valuable lessons from the last 2 years of my life. I am grateful for them. Heavenly Father will take care of me. I wouldn't mind if He would let me into His plans for me, but I suppose that isn't how it works. That's why it's called Faith, huh?

2 comments:

Holli said...

Cyd, I think it's great that you're turning to your blog to get honest about your life. Keep it up. Getting it out will help you heal.

colette said...

Many many people love you cyd...never forget that!

Post a Comment