CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

God Be With You Til We Meet Again





Have you ever been in a place so dark, you felt there was just no point continuing on anymore? I've had some dark moments in my life- even moments when I wished that I didn't have to face another day.

My dear friend Lianne passed away a couple of nights ago. Life had become too dark for her. I think of all the suffering I've endured in my life, the pain that I thought would end my life single handedly, and I realized that I'm still here. I can't fathom the pain Lianne must've dealt with, how completely empty and alone she must have felt to take her own life. She was the sweetest, kindest person I knew. She always saw the good in people. She judged no one. She befriended homeless people. She was an example to all of what the "pure in heart" looked like in action.

At this time, I am grateful for the gospel in my life. It has seen me through thick and thin. My Savior has been The One I could always rely on. I'm grateful for a merciful God who I know will take care of my good friend. Though my heart breaks to know our earthly experiences together are over, I know I will see her again. And more than anything- she is at peace. In a life that was too difficult to bear, I truly believe that a heavy burden has been lifted from her heart. I ache at the thought that I could've done more to help her, but all I can do is trust in my Heavenly Father and Savior to take care of her. I love you Lianne. God be with you til we meet again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment