CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tragedy Strikes

Is God testing my patience? Maybe my faith perhaps? Well whatever it is, I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry. Let me explain.

I've been receiving these different documents from Valparaiso University concerning the nursing program. All of them stated I would be entering Fall of 2010. I found this concerning because I know the accelerated program begins every May. I wasn't sure how this could possibly be an issue since I had applied for the accelerated program, and nothing else. But just for peace of mind I emailed the Dean to inquire about my status. Well good thing I did. I've been accepted to the regular BSN program. So in essence instead of finishing in 15 mos it will be a 2-3 year program. I'm not sure on exactly how long it takes. Let me further go on to say that VU's tuition is $30,000/year. I am not sure I want to get into possibly $90,000 in debt to have a BSN. Especially when I desire to go on to get my masters in anesthesia and that isn't going to be cheap either. It occurred to me that completing all of my goals as a nurse would take just as long as if I went pre med or pre dental, and at this rate it's going to cost me the same amount of money. So what do I do? I'm not sure.

Nursing appeals to me because I will have a job no matter where I go. There are opportunities all over the world. I would love to spend some time as an international travel nurse, even if just means volunteering for a month. I think the experience would be priceless.

I have little patience right now. I feel like I screwed around for so long. There are so many things I want to do, places I want to see, memories I want to make, and I feel like my schooling or lack thereof is interfering. Oh well, trust in God, and all will be well, right? Oh, I sure hope so. Not all hope is lost. If a slot opens up in the accelerated program I will be notified is what I've been told. A small comfort, but a comfort nonetheless. :)

1 comments:

Holli said...

Oh, Cyd -- I'm sorry! Please keep us updated on what's going on. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Love you!!

Post a Comment