CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 2, 2010

Music of My Soul


"We certainly march to the beat of a drummer they don't hear- but it's not just a different drummer. It is The Drummer. Until they hear His music as we do, they won't understand why we move our feet." -The Continuous Atonemement-Brad Wilcox

The Gospel of Jesus Christ continues to be my strongest motivation and my greatest hope in life. I am amazed at the mercies of my God. I am weak and quick to forget all the ways the Lord has blessed me. I let Him fall to the back burner as other "more pressing" matters emerge in my life. I've become so caught up in the stresses of life and preparing to move to Charleston, that I have made a less than valiant effort to remember the Lord.

But I have found that despite my weaknesses, He still hears me and He still shows me His love. Those who may not have felt the blessings of the fully restored gospel of Jesus Christ may not understand why I live my life the way I do. Especially since I fall over and over again, some have suggested that maybe this religion just isn't for me. What they fail to see is that it is because I fall over and over again, that this gospel is exactly for me. It gives me the strength to pick myself up each time and the hope to believe that true change is possible through the enabling powers of the Atonement.

So while I dance through life, I may stumble, but the beautiful music continues. And as it continues to play, I find the strength to stand up and move my feet again. The words of my Savior is the music of my soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment