CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Motivating or Depressing?

I think we all have the pair of jeans that we either used to fit in back in our slimmer days or a pair that we've bought a couple sizes smaller to motivate us to drop those extra pounds. I actually have several pairs of these jeans, and a number of tops. I've been hanging on to some of these items for as long as 3 years, and am yet to be able to squeeze into them. It has recently occurred to me that as of today I am not any closer to fitting into them, but farther. I can't help but feel wistful about the body of the 19 year old me. 24 year old me, is not so pleasant, let me tell ya.
I am not a dieter. I can't stay motivated long enough to run on a treadmill for more than 2 weeks. I am currently watching some VH1 special on celebrity dieting, and they are showcasing all these diets that certain celebrities have tried. I know you all have had these moments- you have a moment of inspiration and think, "hey, I could do that diet! and I can have that killer body in two months." and then very quickly reality hits you and then you just feel like a fat lardo. You also realize that any diet you do will not leave you with that sexy flat belly in two months, but more likely 1 year. I unfortunately don't have that private chef to whip me up healthy AND delicious meals. I only have me. And i HATE to cook. Quick and Tasty is my motto. And often that adds up to...well my skinny jeans becoming more of a distant memory.
I've always struggled finding motivation to hit the gym. It is boring and monotonous. But I DO enjoy exercise. I love sports. I love dancing. So my new goal is to be more proactive in finding physical activities. As long as I enjoy it, I more likely to continue doing it, right? If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Ok, but here's what you have to realize. These celebrities are motivated to run their butts off, hire personal trainers, and eat cardboard BECAUSE the skinnier they are, the more work and attention they get. And, the more work they get the more $$ they get as in... millions. If someone was offering me millions of dollars, the love of a nation, and the perks of being famous then you better bet I'd be drinking lemon and chilis for every meal too. So, no worries! You look great.

Leslie said...

Forget numbers and dieting and focus on health. I'm lucky enough to work in a Rec Center, but the most important things are to live an active lifestyle and try to eat healthy foods. There are so many different things you can do beside running on treadmills. You just have to find something you like. I'm all about group fitness classes they keep me motivated check into some classes in your local area! Those super skinny people aren't usually that healthy anyways.

Post a Comment