CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In Our Hands

If there is one thing I've learned in life, it's to love openly despite the risk of a broken heart and to have no fear in expressing your love. It's better to have said too much, than not have said enough and look back and wonder if what you said might've made the difference. Opposition is necessary for life to exist. A broken heart is necessary to truly know joy. We must be pushed to the edge in order for us to grow stronger. We must stand in the shadows before we find the sunshine.

Unforunately in life, we can't "pass" on the suffering part of life. It's a package deal. We chose to come to this earth to recieve a body so that eventually we may be queens and kings in the life to come. This life will equip us with the knowledge, and more importantly personal experiences necessary to achieve this most desirous glory. We are brought here to succeed, not to fail. So while you may feel worn down and that the odds are against you, the success is in your hands. Not even God can make your choices for you because it goes against everything that He is. I know what it feels like to have the odds against you. It still feels that way sometimes. I just have to remind myself, we are not here to fail.

The battles that may rage in our souls are there for a purpose. It teaches us humility and bring us closer to God, if we let it. The moments when we feel all is lost... it really isn't. Be patient with God's timing. I have a feeling He knows a little more than we do here on Earth. I am not perfect. I am not always the example I should be. I never make my bed. I hate cleaning the bathroom. I have a bad temper and often in my anger I say cruel things to the people I love. And I'm not the best about saying my prayers or reading my scriptures everyday, but I fight the battle everyday the best I can. Some days are simply better than others. I have many unanswered questions. I have a weight on my shoulders that is hardly noticeable one day and then too heavy to bear the next. But I do know that one day, all will be revealed. Peace and happiness will reign free over all. There will be an explanation for all things that right now leave us often frustrated and confused to say the least. I live by this hope. In my moments of darkness, it's the hope of light that keeps me going. This life is a tiny speck on the timeline of Eternity. I continue because I know that all the struggles, all the tears and pain in this short lifetime will all be worth Eternal happiness. Exaltation. The success lies in our hands.

4 comments:

Holli said...

That's exactly what I needed to hear. You're always good about that. And, I love all the updates on the blog! Beautiful1

Cyd said...

Gracias mija! I really liked your new layout and saw the link on your page, so thank you! And this blog was written in a weird moment. The words just poured out onto the page. I think I needed to write it as a reminder to myself to never give up. It will all be worth it.

Holli said...

hey, I'll email you my email address.

Alex Pinon said...

Hey Cyd, this is Alex. Thanks for your awesome post as it really was inspiring and something that I was needing to hear! You're totally right...sometimes following the Spirit is the only thing we know to do when "secretly" the Lord is guiding us by the hand all along. Our finite minds aren't intelligent enough to know His greater plan in the "details" of our lives. Thanks twin!!

Post a Comment