CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Accepted!

Just thought I'd share my good news. I received my admissions letter from Valparaiso University, and I have been accepted into their accelerated nursing program beginning this May! I am still hoping to get into MUSC, but I'm just grateful I got accepted into a program period. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me. It still amazes me the outpouring of blessings I've been given despite my lack of deserving. I am humbled by His perfect love and the blessing of a continuous Atonement.

Tonight was the Christmas Devotional. I am grateful to have a living prophet to live and guide us. I often take for granted that we've been blessed with these inspired leaders. I've grown up in this gospel and tend to overlook these tremendous blessings because they have just become "the norm" for me. Where would I be without this truth? Someone would have me believe that I'd be more free. Free from the burden of the knowledge of truth. Free to do whatever I wanted without the guilt. He is incredibly persuasive and deception is his strength (understatement of the year). But is happiness living a lie? Is ignorance really bliss? No it isn't. Joy comes in following the perfect plan that has been laid before us by an all knowing Father in Heaven who wants nothing more than our happiness and for us to return Home. Truth does not restrict. Truth gives life. It opens doors that you would have never known existed, and behind those doors are blessings beyond what we could imagine. When we feel discouraged, let us not be quick to forget what we've been blessed with because of the truth.

1 comments:

Holli said...

Oh Cyd!! I'm so happy for you! You are really doing well in your life and I'm so proud of your accomplishments! Keep it up and let us all know when you make a decision about where you'll be attending. Love you!!!!!

Post a Comment