CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Hate Construction

I was running a few minutes late this morning, but I usually am early getting to school so I knew I'd be fine and make it probably just in time for class. I'd spent the previous night preparing hard for my Biology Lab Quiz and was confident and ready to go. As I'm driving down the road about to make my left turn onto Rt 160, lo and behold i see a bunch of orange cones blocking off the turn lane and the actual road I needed to turn onto. New Paint Job. Are you kidding? Could you maybe do one side at a time so as not to close it off completely??? Of course that would've required some brains. Sorry. I am feeling particularly nasty about this morning and have always been annoyed with how inconsiderate the people are that plan these construction projects. I just felt sick to my stomach when I saw this. Well nothing I could do but hit the gas and take the long way to school. When I got to campus, class had already started and I was again reminded of how out of shape I am as my efforts to jog quickly failed and I ended up doing a "fast-walk." I "fast-walked" into class, sounding like a bull dog with breathing problems. Everyone of course looked up and stared at me and to my horror I realized the quiz had already been passed out. I looked around the classroom for the professor, and she was no where to be found. I was in luck though, I snatched a quiz from off of her desk and had it done in 5 minutes. The professor didn't even notice... or if she did, she didn't say anything.
To add to the awesomeness of the day, I was wearing one of my cute new shirts I had bought in Canada. I will never ever wear a new button down shirt on Thursdays. Thursdays are the days that I am on campus from 10:30 to 9:30 at night. As if things weren't going well enough for me, I started progressively losing buttons throughout the day. Good thing I was wearing a tank top underneath.
On the other hand, I was thinking that if I was at BYU and single I probably would've been horrified by the missing buttons. Instead I just calmly tucked my buttons away into my pocket thinking I would sew them back on later. Of course I only lost two buttons. Had I lost all of them, that would've been a different story.

1 comments:

Holli said...

I hear ya! They're doing construction in my neighborhood and the other day they hit a gas line and closed the whole street! I came ttthhhiissss close to being late to pick up Gabi. What a nightmare...

Post a Comment