CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Standoff with a slice of humble pie

I'm still angry. I have finally broken down and decided to be "supportive" but mostly due to the fact that I'm just so in love with my husband and would never want to cause him further anguish. Let me be clear, my support does not mean I condone these actions. I will be the first to say "I oppose." But everyone in the family is being so strong about it. So I gave a little. Not a lot.
It's really difficult to watch the people you love make poor decisions. I know I should be slow to judge because if anyone has done some really stupid things, it would be me. I have owned the "stupid rock" for more than a fair portion of my life. My saving grace is my testimony of the gospel. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has literally saved my life. I've been blessed with many wonderful examples, who have given me the gift of wanting to be better.
So it is difficult for me to understand someone who believes the same things I do (or I thought they did) go against everything I've been taught my whole life. Maybe I don't have all the information, but that's where the problem lies. If I don't, then I am entitled to it. I deserve an explanation. We all do! So far I've heard nothing to justify the actions that have been taken. I've kept my mouth shut, but I cannot hide my distaste any longer.
I am hurt. How else do I describe it? Someone I love and hold dear has let me down. How do you cope with that? I know I don't stand innocent. I know that my behavior and attitude is wrong in so many ways... but there are certain people you unfairly expect to never let you down, and when they do... then you're where I'm at right now. Torn between what you FEEL is right and what you KNOW is right. I know that last statement makes little sense, but its where I'm at. With a heart wide open, this is me.

1 comments:

Holli said...

Can't wait to talk to you! :)

I had a busy weekend of birthdays... but, let's talk soon.

Post a Comment