CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 19, 2008

So Much to Do

So my parents are finally coming to pick up the dogs this weekend. I'm really excited to see them and unfortunately they won't be here very long, but in the meantime I've got to study for 5 exams that I have next week plus scrub down the apartment and all the doggy gear to get packed up. I just got back from the grocery store and figured I'd take a nice little nap after I stowed away all the goods. In the process I realized the trash was full and so I took it out and was about to set it aside until I realized some unpleasant brown liquid was seeping from the bottom. Awesome. That of course meant that I couldn't wait for Daniel to take it out when he got home (I know I'm lazy) I had to drag it out the back myself and down the hundred year old rickety wood steps that I always fear I'm going to fall off of. I came back inside to an extra unpleasant smell, from that nasty brown residue I'm sure and popped open the trash can to survey the damage. Mold. Mold?? Mold was growing in the bottom of my trash can. How did this happen? I have a phobia of dirty trash cans and can't stand the sight of them so I scrub it down probably more than most people, so I was quite dismayed to see a green ball of fuzz growing in my white trash can. Did I mention I also have a phobia of mold? My stomach just churns whenever I see it. So now I have to scrub down the trash can and I don't have any rubber gloves and I most certainly do not want that mold anywhere near my skin. yuck yuck yuck! So I guess what I'm trying to say is I should be cleaning instead of blogging or even sleeping instead of blogging, but I'm not. If i avoid something maybe it'll go away. That is the motto I've lived by and I'm sticking by it. I've yet to see success with it, but isn't patience a virtue? :)

4 comments:

Daniel Van Orman said...

too bad big bad AT@T makes me work until 9:00 then i could scrub that old mold off for you! thanks for everything you do!

Debbie and Matt said...

call me sometime 8016166510

Debbie and Matt said...

i miss u guys! i hate dirty trash cans too!

Holli said...

Ewww. I hate mold. So sorry about that...

But, look on the bright side. At least you don't have an entire garbage container filled with the contents of your entire fridge, sitting outside in a neighborhood of similar trash cans.... It smells pretty yucky here.

Can't wait to chat. I have to apologize for the last time we talked - I was a bit preoccupied. :)

Post a Comment