CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Tucson Trip





I flew to Tucson this past weekend to visit Daniel on his long weekend. I can't believe it's been 1 1/2 months since I've seen him. As of today he only has 4 weeks left, and then hopefully we'll never be separated again!
During the weekend we stayed at this beautiful resort in Northern Tucson. The weather was in the high 70's and the sun shone the whole time. We did some relaxing, but not too much because we had to look for a place to live. After looking at 5 or 6 different places we settled on a nice apartment complex in SE Tucson. I had my heart set on a place with washer and dryer hook ups, but it was going to cost us almost 200 bucks more. Daniel being the voice of reason reminded me how much that would help us get out of debt. Why does he always have to be right? :) Of course don't let him know that! So I am working on our applications and will be sending them in this weekend. I never thought doing laundry in a laundromat was a big deal. I did it while I was at BYU. I did it during my first year of marraige, but we had a nice 2 bedroom with washer and dryer in Gallipolis. Somehow I couldn't imagine going back to dragging my laundry into a laundromat ever again. It's really not that big of a deal, but you get used to these little conveniences very easily.
Daniel and I also decided to have a little fun and look at houses. We want to get a good idea of who we'd like our builder to be, so that we can start building in 6 months or so. While I love looking at model homes, it can be quite exhausting. Plus I know my house will never look as good as model home. I am pitiful when it comes to interior designing or decorating. And then I stress because I want to make sure we get all the upgrades that will make our house marketable and also just because I want to live in a nice house. I know Daniel and I aren't likely to stay in AZ forever. We've discussed eventually moving back up to Port Angeles, WA, so I want to make sure to buy a house that will hopefully sell somewhat easy in 6+ years. Give me granite countertops, and granite tile, a gourmet kitchen, a huge masterbath with a jacuzzi tub and a separate tiled shower, his and her sinks, walk in closet, custom cherry or quartersawn oak cabinets, matching stainless steel energy efficient appliances, a loft, cathedral ceilings, an inground swimming pool custom landscaped, french doors to the master bedroom, a balcony, and at least 2 addl bedroom ( preferrably 3) with at least another 1.5 bath. Oh yes and 2 car garage. Is that too much to ask for? Hey a girl can dream... :) and just maybe...!
Well at least In & Out Burger will be close!

0 comments:

Post a Comment