CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day


Well I survived my first day of school and it was breeze. My first class is Biology and I have it with 4 of my relatives. Pretty sweet. Sure they're all 7 or 8 years younger than me, but who cares! Next I have Algebra and Composition which I have with one of my cousin's friends. So I don't feel completely awkward. One of the girls in my class did ask me how old I was and when I answered with a proud "23!" she giggled and said "whoooaaa!" Whoa? What is that supposed to mean? "Well, how old are YOU?" She responded, "16" Awesome. That's ok though, I hold my head up high and reach into my pink backpack to pull out my ultra cool brown and orange striped notebook. I picked it out very carefully at Wal Mart.
Being back on a college campus has reminded me how out of shape I am. Sure it's not nearly as bad as when I was at BYU. If any of you have ever had to climb those hills south of campus you know what I'm talking about. I remember thinking to myself quite honestly that there was no way I could continue climbing those steps every single day. You've got at least 10 people climbing those steps around you and they seem to be doing just fine, so you try to keep the panting to a minimum and breathe as quietly as possible to avoid embarrassing stares and the occasional "Move it or lose it fatty!" Ok that last part was an exaggeration, but you can't help but feel a little self conscious. It wasn't until two weeks after school started that I realized there was a much gentler climbing slope that took about twice as long to climb but quite a bit less traumatizing and agonizing.
Good news though, I forced my way into that Anatomy/Physiology class. The professor was really hesitant to add me because I hadn't completed my Biology course yet and Chemistry was another pre-req which I hadn't taken either. But I persisted and told her I really really needed this class and after looking at her class roster and seeing only 10 students enrolled, she conceded. Phew! With 17 credit hours I'm gonna be a busy girl, but I think I'm a little more prepared this time around. That's right folks, it only took me a few tries, but I'm back in school and sooo excited!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Don't worry Cyd everyone got winded climbing those stairs at BYU and if they say they didn't they are either lying or are made of steel. Im glad you are enjoying school. Have fun!!

Cassie said...

Congrats Cyd, I can only imagine what people are going to say to me when I finally get to go back, I'll probably rounding the good old 30 mark, yikes. So what's your major?

And Ya the BYU stairs are ridiculous. I ran everymorning, and those things got to my lungs more than the whole entire run.

Holli said...

Yeah for you, Cyd! You rock.

Monik said...

I like your backpack :)
You'll do awesome in school Cyd. Good luck!

Post a Comment