CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Life of a Dog Sitter



So for the past couple of weeks Daniel and I have been dog-sitting my parents two lovely pups. One is a Pointer and the other one is a Maltese, which actually used to be my dog, but between Daniel and I hardly being home we thought he'd be happier with my parents. Toby (the Maltese) is a sweet dog. He's got a very independent personality, but for the most part is obedient and submissive to his masters. Sure he's got an annoying submissive tinkling problem, but a doggie diaper took care of that issue very easily. Maggie on the other hand is a ball of trouble. She has more energy then can be harnessed. If you try taking on her walks she will just drag you the whole time. I can certainly attribute this to a lack of training, but nevertheless it is incredibly annoying and tiresome. She also has a nasty habit of going completely psycho whenever someone she doesn't know is close by. Whether it be someone coming into the home or walking by on the sidewalk she wants to jump all over them. It can be kind of intimidating, especially to a nice young couple enjoying their Saturday evening pushing their brand new baby in a stroller. Every time I take the dogs out to potty I find myself sputtering "I'm sorry's" at least 3 or 4 times to random strangers as Maggie tries to attack them. Of course she is harmless and is super friendly. Just a little too friendly. Another thing about Maggie is that she is Sneaky. So maybe I'm a little bit tough and not as generous with the treats. If I'm going to give a treat, I expect a trick. So today I made Toby do his tricks and then gave him his treat. Then I turned to Maggie and she wouldn't do her tricks so I put the treat away and went about my business. Actually I was reading blogs when I hear this crunching noise. Like a dog eating a biscuit crunching noise. I follow the sound and there Maggie is chowing down on a biscuit. Treat box is wide open and obviously Maggie and dug her snout down there and picked a few out herself. Take that, huh? Funny thing is I noticed that the box seemed unusually low. It was a brand new box and I've only given them a few since I've had them... hmmm... and the dog outsmarts it's master!

1 comments:

Holli said...

Those dogs are SO cute! I love that Toby. What a doll...

Post a Comment