CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Homeward Bound

Well my trip has come to a close. Tomorrow I'll be flying home and I couldn't be happier. I had a fabulous trip and got to see some beautiful places. I'll post pictures later. Right now I'm really feeling good about my decision to come out here. I was really hesitant about leaving my husband for that long... you could say I'm a little attached to that guy :) But I've had a great time with my in laws, and my mother in law is so great about showing me how to have fun and helping me forget my stresses of everyday life. Banff was incredible and taking in all the beautiful sights there and at Lake Louise just put me in awe of this wonderful earth that we live on. As one of my favorite old EFY songs says, "It passes all my understanding how the world turned out just right..." from the majesty of the canyons, to the beautiful powerful bodies of water that surround us, and all other things great and small. There truly is a God and I cannot deny it. We did a short hike through Johnson Canyon and I couldn't stop smiling. I had this feeling of peace and love overwhelm me. There were so many trees and more waterfalls than I could count and tunnels and canyon walls washed smooth. I feel my Savior's love. He made this for me. For us all.

I am especially glad to be heading home to my sweet sweet husband. He has been a wonderful support to me and I'm so glad he pushed me to come on this trip. He knew I needed it more than I realized. Being away from him certainly does make the heart grow fonder. I've come to realize again and again just how lucky I am to have found him. I am far from perfect and often fall short from being the wife he deserves, but he always treats me like a queen. I am looking forward to not sleeping alone! I remember a woman telling me she took comfort in hearing her husband snore, that it put her to sleep. I thought she was surely crazy, but I can kind of understand where she's coming from now. So i suppose next time my husband's snoring wakes me up I should be slower to pass a swift punch to the arm... I'm not in very good control of my actions when woken up. Good thing I have a patient husband! aaahhh.... home her I come.

1 comments:

Holli said...

we always go through the same things at the same times, don't we? :) I can totally relate... there were quite a few canyons on my trip, too! I loved,loved, loved it and look forward to seeing your pictures.

Talk to you soon. have a safe trip.

Post a Comment