CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Quote

I hate moving, but I do enjoy stumbling upon old memories while I'm packing. It sure slows down the process, but oh well. It makes it a little more pleasant and less boring. :) So I found an old binder with old letters mostly between me and my best friend from 7th grade Holli. I've only just begun to read it, but about the third page in I found a quote that I sent to her and I felt the need to post it on my blog. I'm not sure who the author is, but it is very inspiring and I hope you will be inspired by it also.

Sent May 5 2002

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcomings, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and how, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

We all have known defeat, but we have each tasted victory as well. There are many more victories to come.

2 comments:

Holli said...

YOU HAVE TO SEND ME THOSE EMAILS! Those were so funny.

By the way, the quote is from Theodore Roosevelt. It was an excerpt from a receipt he'd given... yeah... and they say Barack Obama is good...

The quote actually is my dad's absolute favorite. He has it framed and hanging above his bed with a picture of him in his airplane.

On another note, I just got home and saw that you just tried to call me. Can I call you tomorrow? What time would be good? I have to figure out how to make an ornament design by 7 pm tonight so I teach it at Enrichment.

Pray for me.

LOVE YOU!

Holli said...

I didn't mean to say recipt. I meant to say speech. Can you tell what's on my mind? LOL. See my most recent blog.

Ah, I need a nap.

Post a Comment