CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finally

Today was my last day of summer session! It's so nice to be done. I will have about a month off before I begin Fall Semester, and I'm ready for it, so bring it on! It is such a blessing for me to be able to go to school at this time. I had put it off for so long and really feel like it has affected my self worth. I always pictured myself finishing my degree, but poor choices and life caused me to postpone it several times. I watched with envy as those I had graduated with finished their bachelors and went on to get a masters, phd, etc.
It was hard not to get discouraged, and I started to accept that I just wouldn't be getting a degree. I thought working to support my family was more important than me getting my education, mostly because I did expect my husband to be the main provider in the home. While I still think it's important, in hindsight I wish I wouldn't have postponed my education. I was full of excuses because of my fear of going back to school. I was afraid I wasn't cut out for college (which I now realize is the dumbest thought ever).
I am 24 and a sophomore in college. My priority is my education, and I will finish! That's my little pep talk. :) I'm not going to let anything stop me from getting my degree... especially not my fears. I am facing them, and I've found it's not that scary after all. I am strong. I am smart. And I can handle anything thrown my way. So as I said earlier... Bring it on!

1 comments:

Holli said...

Cyd, you so motivate me to give it a try! Once Kyle finishes... someday... I intend on going back and getting my degree. I'm just scared of being the oldest one in a classroom of kids...

Post a Comment