CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Scriptures and Friends

One thing I've come to love since I've been in Valpo is reading the scriptures, but even better, reading the scriptures with a good friend. My childhood friend Tiare, first got me on this kick. Being a return missionary and still on a spiritual high she invited me several times to come over and hang out... and read scriptures. Me being not quite so spiritually in tune thought the suggestion was weird and quite frankly-Boring.
It certainly turned out to be quite the opposite experience. Being able to read scriptures with a friend and share ideas and applications has helped me gain so much more out of my readings and has also strengthened my friendships and resolve to do better because now I have someone else to encourage me along my path.
I have been really blessed with amazing friends since I've been here. Heavenly Father has known my need for companionship and knowing this before I was even born, He placed me with a wonderful family and has placed people along my road of life to support and uplift me. Tiare is just one person that has been a wonderful friend and example. Brittany and Britta are my other two sources of strength.
Britta and I have both been having a difficult time lately, and decided to read Alma 32 together. We read and discussed for about an hour, and it was truly amazing. It is such a wonderful experience to feel and share the spirit with someone you really care about. Our depressed moods were immediately lifted as we read together. The scriptures are such a blessing! Though the past few days have been difficult, I came to the realization again that this life is but a moment. My trials will pass, and Heavenly Father has a great plan for me. I am being tried for a purpose and it will refine me and strengthen me. Every trial is a blessing in disguise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment