CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

How to Let Go

The past 48 hours have brought nothing but tears. A harsh reality has come to light. It's hard to hear the truth. Daniel does not want me back, and nothing I do or say is going to change that. My dad told me it's time to let go. I cried harder when he said that. I have finally composed myself, but inside I still cry.
I try not think of him with her, but it's like a movie in my mind. She has everything I wish I had. My self defense mechanisms tell me to quickly find someone else to take my mind off of Daniel, but I know I am no where near ready for a relationship. All my life I've thrown myself in relationship after relationship, never really confronting the pain. I can't do it anymore. Even if I wanted to, I am completely incapable of giving myself to anyone right now.
I thought the worst was over. From previous experience, I know the pain subsides. But in the moment, it feels as if it is here to stay. I know the Lord hears my prayers, but I would give anything right now just to hear Him say "You're going to be okay."

0 comments:

Post a Comment