CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Childhood Reunion

Today has been wonderful. I went out to lunch with one of my best childhood friends, Kolbri. She is pregnant with a sweet baby girl and due on Christmas! It was so nice to sit down and catch up, and even more interesting to see and hear how much everyone we knew has changed. We've known each other since... well for as long as I can remember, to be honest! It was great that even after so many years, and not keeping in touch as much as we should, we were able to sit down and pick up right where we left off!
Isn't it strange how life goes on without you? No matter how much your own life drastically changes, we kind of expect everyone else to stay the same. They never do. I was able to ask Kolbri about many of our other childhood friends and was interested to hear about where they were and what they were doing, and each and every situation left me surprised. Things do seem to work out though. I know it definitely has for me and Kolbri. I was so happy to hear about her fiance. He sounds like a wonderful guy, and he makes her happy.
Tonight we will be going to the circus with her stepson and I'm ver excited to chat it up some more. She'll probably be ready to ducktape my mouth shut by the end of the night ;) I'm extremely grateful that after all this time, our friendship hasn't died. I would say that's true friendship right there. Love ya Miss Kolbri!

0 comments:

Post a Comment