CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I'm sure many of you feel this way about your own mother's but excuse my bias when I say, I have the BEST mother in the world. Mind you, I didn't always feel this way, especially through my teenage years when I felt oppressed and misunderstood. But doesn't every teenager? I remember my skepticism when she would tell me one day you'll be grateful that I didn't let you do this or I told you to do that. Well she was right 99% of the time. I also remember the conviction I felt as a teenager that I would never be like my mother.
With age, my opinion of my mother has obviously drastically changed. I look at her with so much love and respect. I once viewed her as weak, but for the same reasons I thought she was weak I now am amazed at her for her strength and determination. I've come to really admire my mother's love for the Lord. Even when no one is watching she always lives her life with a true desire to do what's right. The things that seem gray to me in this gospel are black and white to her. She has such a clear understanding of her standing with the Lord and is always finding ways to strengthen it. She has been the example of the type of woman I hope with all of my heart I can become.
During this particularly difficult time, she has been my confidant. She held me many long nights as I cried with despair. She comforted me and prayed for me. She counseled me. She served me. Even with her busy schedule, she always finds ways to do kind things for me- whether it be buying me a delicious beef jerky stick ( I love them), or making me a delicious dessert. She works hard and rarely complains when the rest of us lazily stand by. I'm sure that one day when I'm a mother, I will have an even greater respect for what she does. I am proud to call her my Mother and hope that I can one day at least equal in her goodness.

Happy Mother's Day Everyeone!

1 comments:

Holli said...

You DO have a great Mom, Cyd. And, I know she'll be touched by your gratitude!

You know, I think we both had very similar relationships with our moms. I'm so glad we finally woke up and saw how wise they are. :)

Post a Comment