CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 22, 2009

Here's to Love and Good Friends




I am pleased to publicly announce the engagement of my good friends Brittany Damon and Brody Bleumel! They will be sealed for time and all eternity in the Nauvoo Temple September 3, 2009. And the Maid of Honor is... drum roll please! ....... me!! As you can see I am very excited about this. Brittany and I met just a couple of months ago, but clicked right away. We seem to be opposites in many ways, but its a good thing. Despite how different we are, we have come to love and respect each other (well I certainly can say so on my behalf). Brittany is the most easy going, fun loving person you'll ever meet. Most brides planning a wedding in 3 1/2 months, while finishing up an accelerated nursing program that takes up quite a bit of time, and preparing to take the boards, AND learning German so she can find a job when they move in October so Brody can get his masters in German. Yes, she has quite a bit on her plate, but has managed to not let these things stress her out. We went wedding dress shopping today, and I certainly wasn't expecting a purchase to be made, but the first dress she tried on was a winner! Talk about an easy going bride, had it been me I would've insisted on scouring a million other places before I made my decision. The best thing about Brittany and Brody is their love and acceptance to all those around them. They know my story and love me the same. Their friendship has been a great strength to me. They are two wonderful people and I'm so excited that they are together. When I look at them, I can't help but smile. Their love is so pure and beautiful... it reminds me so much of the good times Daniel and I had. You would think that would make me sad, but more than anything I just feel happy that such wonderful friends get to experience the joy of finding the person that you can't picture life without, the one you want to see every morning when you wake up, and the person that makes you feel safe through the night. I wish them many happy years, and a beautiful eternity. And I'm going have a blast helping with the planning!

1 comments:

Holli said...

Awww... How Romantic!

Post a Comment