CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Landed

I got the job at Ann Taylor!!! You would think one wouldn't be that excited over a job that really doesn't pay that much, but I am. I start Monday, and just as I suspected, we get a really nice discount as employees. I certainly won't complain.

Anyways, speaking of jobs... I have recently debated a career change. Originally in the pursuit of dental hygiene, I've now closely reconsidered Nursing. There is a school in the town that I live that offers an accelerated Bachelor's program for Nursing. It takes 15 months and starts every May. I'm not sure I can have all the pre-req's done by next May, but I currently in contact with school trying to see if it's possible. If it is, that would be so awesome. My tentative nursing plan is do pre-req's for a year, start the accelerated program May 2010 and finish Aug. 2011. Work for one year and apply for CRNA school, which is another 2-3 years. So yeah... a lot more schooling left, but much better money. Nothing is set in stone yet, and I haven't officially decided one way or another. I dread having to stay in this area another year, but... I can't complain because I live for free. It's hard being 24 and living with mom and dad again, but I'm trying to swallow my pride and take advantage of money saving opportunities while I can. I've been independent since 17, it's kind of nice to be taken care of again.

So many decisions!

3 comments:

Holli said...

Awesome! Congrats!

KuteKings said...

That's way exciting!! Congrats Cyd! Now, who wouldn't want a fashion diva to play on their team?? Receive my love!! :)

Monik y Alex said...

Congrats Cyd! that's awesome... and I'm sure you're very very excited for the discounts ;)

Post a Comment