CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Daniel my eternal companion

How do I begin to express the gratitude I have for my husband? He is my rock. In his moments of weakness he still always comes through for me. He is my androgynous man. He is strong and sensitive to my needs. I am a tough woman to be married to. I am demanding, way too critical, impatient, emotionally driven, and I often don't give him the love and care he deserves. We are not the perfect couple. We have our fights and they can get pretty nasty sometimes, but we always come out stronger united by our love and faith in Christ.
Daniel has saved me from myself more times than I can count. I am quick to react and slow to think, but he loves me despite my weaknesses. He has blessed my life so much and I can't imagine life without him. He has such an amazing spirit and I know he is inspired in leading our family. I may not always rely on his guidance due to my own selfish pride and lack of faith, but Daniel is always unwavering. He is composed and always faced in the right direction.
What did I ever do to deserve this man? Sometimes I become overwhelmed with disgust at myself for all of my shortcomings and I look at Daniel and wonder "how?" I think the Lord knew I needed someone like him, but I can't help but feel... ashamed. Ashamed that I fall so short so frequently. And despite this, he stands by me with love. When I make wrong choices, he is there to comfort me and support me. When I am weak, he holds me up. What was life like before he came into it? I don't even remember. Daniel is my world and I can only pray that my Father in Heaven will mold me into the wife that I desire to be for him.

2 comments:

Monik said...

Cyd! this really was a beautiful entry. Having an amazing husband that is such a support and that knows us more than anything, and can love us still, is truly the biggest blessing in life. Besos para ti!

Adrienne said...

Cyd, I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to read this post from you. :) It reminds me of my Fiance. :) Thanks for your post.

Post a Comment