CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Goodmorning Sunshine!


Ok ok, it's true. I don't always look forward to Sundays with the right attitude. Daniel and I made a last minute trip up to Columbus and didn't get home until 1 AM. So when my alarm went off this morning I hit snooze twice and finally just turned it off completely, at the same time pulling the covers over my head. My husband had already been awake since 6 preparing his Sunday school lesson, so I figured it would only be a matter of time before he came in to try and wake me. Wrapped up all snug in bed I managed to convince myself that I was too exhausted to go to church and that I needed a day off from church. Hey, I'm not perfect, nor do I pretend to be! Don't get me wrong. I love my church and have a strong testimony of it's truth and the blessings it has brought to my life, but I most certainly have my moments of weakness. I braced myself for the unpleasant sound of my dear husbands approaching footsteps. The door quietly opened and Daniel gently shook me. Still with eyes closed I pretended to snooze right through. You have to love the persistence of my husband. He is not easily deterred. His gentle shaking became a little more forceful along with a sing song "It's time to wake up, Cyd! 30 minutes until we have to leave!" I groaned and tried to escape further under the covers. I could almost feel his eyes narrowing. He continued to plead and even went to the closet and told me he was picking out my outfit for church. I thought maybe if I ignored him long enough he would let me finally sleep in peace. Not the case. He shook me some more, bounced on the bed and finally resorted to cover stealing. "If you don't come to church I'm going to stand here and make sure you don't go back to sleep!" He yanked all the blankets off the bed and I rolled over to glare at him, ready to give him a piece of my mind. When I saw the puppy dog look on his face, my heart melted and all I could do was laugh. I have a wonderful husband. He keeps me in line and I'm so grateful for him. I made it to church today, thanks to him, and as always, I was glad I went. Thank goodness for righteous persistent husbands.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Thanks goodness my husband was at work yesterday, or I might have gone too ;) I think we all have those mornings, and congrats on actually getting to church.

Post a Comment